Hurricane Florence to the Carolinas
What to do to ready yourself for a hurricane?
1. Don't panic!
2. Have cash on hand
3. Pay your bills before the storm
4. Fill and freeze bottles for drinking water and to keep the fridge cool if power goes out. Fill bathtub with water (not for drinking)
5. Have food on hand that will cook easily on the grill, have propane for grill and campstove and lanterns. And batteries for flashlights. Have a manual can opener on hand.
6. Have a car charger for your phone/laptop or backup battery.
7. Buy gas for car and generator
8. Clear all items from porch and yard. Flying debris is the easiest way to break your windows. Tell neighbor to do the same.
9. Have first aid kit ready
10. Be safe and pray!